Saturday, July 20, 2013

MORON HAS THIS NEW PLACE

Finally! After months of suspense, I‘ve been transferred to a non-descript town called Gooty in ananthapur district of Andhra Pradesh from Dahod in Gujarat. It hardly makes any difference to me barring some existential issues. But this whole shifting thing is a sort of personal tragedy for me. I, personally never gave birth to a child, but I have seen it dramatized a number of times in movies, and I would say that in terms of pain, childbirth does not hold a candle to moving. For one thing child births do have a definite end to it. The baby comes out, and that is it. Whereas, the average move goes on forever. This is why my advice to people who are about to move for the time is always.
DON’T DO IT! SET FIRE TO YOUR HOUSEHOLD GOODS RIGHT NOW AND JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A BACKWARD GLANCE! IT WILL BE EASIER, IN THE LONG RUN.
I couldn’t do this and I am already in my new home and started unpacking and I feel it will span over a period of several years, so that I can savor the joy of discovering the kinds of comical items I choose to pack.

Apart from the farewell emotional blues that I face whenever I leave any place, adjusting to this new place which falls in my own state is a tricky issue. For beginners, Ananthapur district in Andhra Pradesh is an arid desert devoid of much rainfall and less contact with civilization. As usually, my personal helps and peons are the first human contacts I had here. When u have flunkeys to take care of rotten household stuff, life can be a bliss. Everything is fine with me except the singer I had in my night watchman, I suspect his singing is that made this place a desert, or his singing which send him to this place as punishment. The man was unstoppable when it came to singing. With a gun-throat like that, I was hoping to unleash him on encroaching Chinese, use him as a sonic weapon, make him croon till they beg, plead, get down on their knees and give Tibet back to Tibetans.  For a thoroughbred, totally spoilt, party animal like me, to keep myself entertained in this place is going to be challenge. For initial 40 days for my experience here, I can say living life doesn’t cost you money, just needs a whole lot of attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment